2007 Dodge Grand Caravan - Sliding Door Power Lock Actuator - Options

Hello all -

The PDL on the passenger-side sliding door on our '07 Grand Caravan has never worked in the 2+ years we've had the van. It's time.

Here are the choices from RA. The genuine Mopar part @ $183.93 is hard to justify on an old rusty vehicle. I'm OK with paying up to $100. Thoughts? If the others are roughly equivalent, I'll order some oil filters too, and buy the actuator that ships from the same location as the filters. Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 21-12-47 2007 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN 3.3L V6 Door Lock Actuator RockAuto.jpg

Have you taken it apart? I recently repaired one that ended up being a seized latch assembly. Took it all apart, lubed the latch assembly and it's been working for almost a year.

Have you taken it apart? I recently repaired one that ended up being a seized latch assembly. Took it all apart, lubed the latch assembly and it's been working for almost a year.
Tempting, but it's our only vehicle, and is in use a lot. I don't want to tie it up for long. I had the inner door panel off yesterday, confirmed that the mechanism was good from the actuator to the knob, so figured it's likely the actuator. Didn't have a helper, or would have looked for voltage when the unlock button on the driver's door panel is pushed. It could be the wiring from the central circuit to that one door, but it seems unlikely.

If I buy a unit, I would swap it in immediately, and then try to repair the old one to have on hand when the actuator on the other door goes.

If you really want to save money, consider a used part... particularly if you can pick it yourself.
We do have one local yard that has quite a lot of 4th-gen Mopar vans, but in one YouTube video I watched yesterday the fellow said that he picked up two from a wrecker, and neither one worked. Apparently these are a common failure.

the sliding door lock actuator is a common failure. when you put it back together consider making a rod attached to the actuator so you can unlock it with only taking the door card off, instead of taking the door completely apart. it's been a few years since I did a lock actuator on a 2013 Chrysler town and country

Back