2007 Accord I4 vs V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you drive a V6 Accord you won't want to go back to the 4 cylinder.

The K24 has the edge in maintenance and fuel economy, but for the extra power you get with the V6 I think it is worth the trade off.

The only real difference maintenance-wise is the timing belt on the V6, and that happens once every 105,000 miles. Considering the performance you get I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker at all. My sister has an Acura 3.2TL and the engine has a nice amount of torque. It has also been extremely reliable.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I bet the V6 ones will fly!! Don't they have almost 300HP?

I believe 240 from the J30 in '07 but it's sewing machine smooth and pulls hard.

I'm not a big fan of the timing belt, but J30s/35s are just so smooth. I put a decent amount of miles on a 2005 v6, such a smooth and strong engine. A few coworkers had them and they all seemed to have piston slap when cold. I was able to get 26 - 28 on the highway out of a 2005 v6 accord.

The timing belt is what kept me from getting a V6 Accord,that's not something I wanted to have to mess with again,and I was just so impressed by the smoothness and power of the K24. When I step on it you cant even hear it. If the V6 was chain,I'd get one on a heartbeat. I just don't like the idea of having to tear into the engine on regular intervals,because if you don't,it's just a ticking time bomb.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The timing belt is what kept me from getting a V6 Accord,that's not something I wanted to have to mess with again,and I was just so impressed by the smoothness and power of the K24. When I step on it you cant even hear it. If the V6 was chain,I'd get one on a heartbeat. I just don't like the idea of having to tear into the engine on regular intervals,because if you don't,it's just a ticking time bomb.

They only need timing belt + water pump service once every 105,000 miles. A local shop that uses OEM Honda parts quoted my sister $1000 for the job on her Acura 3.2TL. That is new OEM belt, tensioner, water pump, and oil pump o-ring since the oil pumps leak on the J32 and J35 engines. I wouldn't consider that too bad. It is like paying $1000 more for the V6 option over the 4 cylinder.

Looking through the paper work from the guy we bought it from, the belt was done at 90k on this car (currently sitting at 133k) so it has a little ways to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back