2007-2009 Lexus RX350 unexpectedly low prices

I’m seeing several 2007-2009 Lexus RX 350 with between 100k and 140k listed for quite a bit less than I would expect. None are rebuilt and some are significantly <$10k. Most have decent service records and no or only minor accidents in their histories. Is there some particular issue with this vehicle that causes it to be low? KBB doesn’t value them all that highly either. Most are comparably priced to equivalent year Toyotas. What gives?

My mother bought a 2007 Lexus RX350 new & has been absolutely flawless for 270,000 miles, The Texas sun has done a number on the paint & the dash pad though.
Brakes, Tires, & Maintenance items only....A/C blows ice cold & I've never serviced it!

Wow!

That era of the 2GR-FE had some expensive issues. Most of them were trouble free, but some had timing cover leaks, oil cooler leaks, bad cam gears, etc.

Also, I’m not sure if the 07-09’s had the infamous cracked dash - may want to research before buying.

A 16 year old crossover better be under $10k.
No kidding. We ended up getting my grandma an '11 CRV in 2016 for $12k and we were cross shopping '07-'09 Lexus RX350's, which were like $11k even all those years ago.

Two items to be done ASAP if not already would be upgrading the rubber rear VVT and oil cooler hoses to metal ones...these had a tendency to develop pinhole leaks resulting in a dry engine. They're not terribly hard to do.

They hold their value...our 2005 was totaled with 180k on the clock back in early 2017 and the insurance payout was $10,300. A tow truck ran into it when my wife was parked at work and then volunteered to tow it away to the body shop for us 🤣. We still miss it, absolutely awesome vehicle.

Cracked/shrinking/sticky dashboard material. This issue also spread to other Lexus models of the same era. Gets ugly quick, expensive to replace, so most just throw a dash mat over it - which is 1-2% improvement on looks.

2010 MY had a facelift, and went to a 6 speed transmission. The rear end looks quite a bit different in 2010.

I bought a 2010 last year, been as expected.

I’m seeing several 2007-2009 Lexus RX 350 with between 100k and 140k listed for quite a bit less than I would expect. None are rebuilt and some are significantly
Age of the vehicle. Did any of those have timing chain issues?

Back