2006 Z06 Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...500 HP. Not bad for stock. I think Patman owes me a beer. Oh wait...we didn't bet.
banghead.gif

grin.gif

I knew that the Corvette was getting 500hp about 5 years ago actually. My cousin works at the assembly plant which makes the LS1/LS6/LS2, etc, and he knew about the new engine long ago. They aren't building the LS7 in his plant unfortunately.
frown.gif
It's supposed to get cylinder shutdown technology in the future too, so it'll get 30 MPG to go with that 500hp!
bowdown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I knew that the Corvette was getting 500hp about 5 years ago actually. My cousin works at the assembly plant which makes the LS1/LS6/LS2, etc, and he knew about the new engine long ago. They aren't building the LS7 in his plant unfortunately.
frown.gif
It's supposed to get cylinder shutdown technology in the future too, so it'll get 30 MPG to go with that 500hp!
bowdown.gif

Guess we could call this a tie.
grin.gif

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=42;t=000652

By the way, my former college roomate does FI R&D for GM. I knew what this engine was capable of doing long ago. However, management decides what the final configuration for the engine will be and it's then tuned accordingly.

cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back