2006 Z06 Corvette

Patman

Staff member
I knew that the Corvette was getting 500hp about 5 years ago actually. My cousin works at the assembly plant which makes the LS1/LS6/LS2, etc, and he knew about the new engine long ago. They aren't building the LS7 in his plant unfortunately. [Frown] It's supposed to get cylinder shutdown technology in the future too, so it'll get 30 MPG to go with that 500hp! [bowdown]

quote:
Originally posted by Patman: I knew that the Corvette was getting 500hp about 5 years ago actually. My cousin works at the assembly plant which makes the LS1/LS6/LS2, etc, and he knew about the new engine long ago. They aren't building the LS7 in his plant unfortunately. [Frown] It's supposed to get cylinder shutdown technology in the future too, so it'll get 30 MPG to go with that 500hp! [bowdown]
Guess we could call this a tie. [Big Grin] http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=42;t=000652 By the way, my former college roomate does FI R&D for GM. I knew what this engine was capable of doing long ago. However, management decides what the final configuration for the engine will be and it's then tuned accordingly. [Cheers!]