2006 Triumph Daytona 675.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does everyone think of the new Triumph Daytona 675 triple?

The specs impress me, and from what I hear from euro-riders is that the quality went up. Right now I'm riding a 05' Buell XB12R w/race kit and the Daytona is making me really want to trade it in. 123bhp with 53 ft/lbs of torque (i think its 53ft/lb) and I really love the sound of a triple.

On paper it sounds cool. Haven't seen one yet in person. I don't like inline 4's much. Triples sound awesome with the right exhaust, and torque comes on a lot sooner in most cases.

My friend has 955 Daytona, Yosh RS3 pipe, sounds deep. I've also heard guys running Remus, not a big fan. The Remus makes it sound more like a inline 4.

What I really want is a new Speed Triple.

I know the R6 is fast and don't care. It's a great bike just not for me. I don't like 600cc inline 4cyl bikes generally. Powerband stinks. I don't ride at 10,000+rpm on the street. I like the power when I want it and in any gear. The Triumph seems to be a nice compromise for a small displacement bike.

I'd rather have a slower torquey bike like a Suzuki SV1000, Triumph 1050 triple, or some other 1000cc twin. I can ride a bike like that the way I want to.

My friends 955 triple, or my BMW twin aren't the fastest bikes in the world but you don't need to downshift it to pass traffic and we ride plenty fast. I don't live on a track where peak power and 17,000rpms matter. I live and ride in the real world.

I've got an 03 Sprint ST with a 955i triple.

I'm a little faster than my neighbor's BMW R1150(xx the sport version with the inline 4).

I love the power of this bike. I'd say it was about on par with my previous 1988 Yamaha FJ1200. One of the sport bike mags said the best bike in the world is the honda VFR with the triumph triple engine, or the sprint st with the honda's suspension. With a few parts from Racetech, the triumph's suspension is easily sorted.

I've got 30k KM's on mine with no troubles.

I drive a 1203cc v-twin for myself...i like my torque and the daytona seems so much more streetable.

Anyway I've seen and ridden the new 06' yamaha R6 lineup, the GSX-R line up (600/750), and the ZX-6R 636...not bad bikes at all.

My most favorite test drive recently was the RC51 and the Triumph Rocket III (my *** it almost has the displacement of my scion tc!)

Torque is great...

I would only go with a large displacement triple. If I wanted something fun to replace the buell I would either go with the New Yamaha FZ1 or the New Speed Triple.

I like this approach Triumph is taking. If you're not competitively racing, what is the point of having a bike who's design is restricted to meet racing rules? The R6/GSX-R 600/etc are fabulous machines, for sure. I don't get 'em as street bikes though. If lopping off a cylinder and adding some cc's makes it a better street bike, all the better. Even if you can't race it.

jeff

ps. my parallel twin 500 doesn't have much power or torque, but it's fun
cheers.gif

I started on a parallel twin 500 also!

I'm really happy to hear that Kawasaki is finally upgrading their Ninja 500R to the Ninja 650R.

And Triumph isn't the only one who broke away from the 600cc restriction. Kawasaki did it with their 636cc Ninja ZX6-R (they also have a 600cc ZX6RR).

Triumphs are a revelation these days. Name a company which was basically gone and has emerged like Triumph has? Quality is superb and every year they are getting better and sales are booming. Bikes with real character. I want one now!!

There is only one downside with the triumphs...the dealers!

If you get a bad dealer, you don't have alot of alternatives, and in my city of one million people, there is only one dealer.

If I had a yamaha, I could take my business to 7 or 8 other businesses in town.

I almost traded my Sprint ST on a Yamaha FJR1300 for this very reason...so I could tell the dealer that they'd never see me again after closing the deal!

Jim you have a valid point. And dealer support is a reason why many people buy bikes, especially if you tour, one of many reasons I ride a BMW.

But us in Southern Cal this is not a problem, there are lots of dealers. And the only reason I would go to a dealer is for a bike purchase anyway (maybe an unfortunate warranty claim). And I don't mind going out of town even if it is difficult to do so to stick it to a bad dealer. The internet is a big help in that regard.

I live 10 minutes away from a Triumph Dealership, 7 minutes from Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki, 5 from Yamaha and 3 from Harley Davidson...

And they are all quite nice to me, so I'm not worried about the dealerships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back