2006 Jetta TDI 5-speed with 324K miles in Florida

It seems to have been maintained perfectly, with even the transmission being opened up to replace the syncros. If it was near me for $3k I'd sure have a look at it anyways. I borrowed the same car with the automatic and they are a decent car to commute in for sure.

Nice car. Seems problem free given the mileage. My ‘rents used to have a Silver 2006. Bought it without knowing the color since it was the first "new Jetta" (I think that was VW's sales line?) at the dealer and dad needed a 47 mpg car. I love the way they sound.

Looks in great shape. If i was in the market, i would pay $3K for it. At least i know it wasn't just an appliance to you and was well cared for.

CKN

Blue book is $4000, people want these since they are no longer sold. You are clueless. Diesel miles are not equal to petrol miles.
Really? The CV joints/ball joints, etc., arre not going to wear like a gas motor? Other suspension components?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? The CV joints/ball joints, etc., arre not going to wear like a gas motor? Other suspension components?
Learn how to turn a wrench so easy repairs don’t scare you or just move along when you have nothing to contribute.

CKN

Learn how to turn a wrench so easy repairs don’t scare you or just move along when you have nothing to contribute.
There is nothing easy about replacing some suspension components. Maybe to you...generally it's not easy. I see replacing parts must be something you have the time for---based on the miles you have on your vehicles.

Personally spending evenings or Saturdays wrenching is not something I find enjoyable. I'd rather be in my travel trailer somewhere or interacting with my grandkids.

Here are milne
2018 SIlverado Crew Cab 4WD-LTZ-31,000 miles
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL Limited AWD 38,000 miles

No wrenching needed.

Last edited:
There is nothing easy about replacing some suspension components. Maybe to you...generally it's not easy. I see replacing parts must be something you have the time for---based on the miles you have on your vehicles.

Personally spending evenings or Saturdays wrenching is not something I find enjoyable. I'd rather be in my travel trailer somewhere or interacting with my grandkids.

Here are milne
2018 SIlverado Crew Cab 4WD-LTZ-31,000 miles
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL Limited AWD 38,000 miles

No wrenching needed.
Point being you were being a man unit to the OP.

No time to wrench, but plenty of time to troll. Oh, okay.