2006 Dodge Diesel Need Help On By Pass Filter !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take pictures
smile.gif

Got the mount base for the B50 in today. Intersesting. It is no wider than necessary to fit the filter in it's diameter, and just enough back bracket to mount it. I like the small and compact designe of this filter mount. No extra overhangs.
Images can be kind of a bugger if you are not used to UBB code. You have to have an image loaded onto some other website that hosts your image and them refer to in in a link from here. Also....make sure the image is within reason for size. Anything in hundreds of pixels, ie 700K size will load a lot slower than somehting in the 88k size. and if it's it's megapixel ie 2.2M it would be prohibitively large file to load on every time you visited this page. Every picture every ikon takes a bit of time to load, even the smilely take more time to load on a page, overall.
The Darth Sidious image is only 2.86k and takes practically no time at all to load up. The FAQ should steer you onto some info as far as images and how to manipulate or load them.

Darth-Sidious.jpg

Nebraskan
Keep us posted on the B50 progress. I do think that it is an interesting filter. It gives us one more option in bypass filters.

I can see using these for a low cost bypass filter.

I have two motor guards that I need to install but just haven’t found the time yet.

I have three cars that I work on. But with two preteens my fleet will have to grow. Trying to put bypass filters on the engines, transmissions and coolant systems can run into some money.
twocents.gif

Quote:

Got the mount base for the B50 in today. Intersesting. It is no wider than necessary to fit the filter in it's diameter, and just enough back bracket to mount it. I like the small and compact designe of this filter mount. No extra overhangs.
Images can be kind of a bugger if you are not used to UBB code. You have to have an image loaded onto some other website that hosts your image and them refer to in in a link from here. Also....make sure the image is within reason for size. Anything in hundreds of pixels, ie 700K size will load a lot slower than somehting in the 88k size. and if it's it's megapixel ie 2.2M it would be prohibitively large file to load on every time you visited this page. Every picture every ikon takes a bit of time to load, even the smilely take more time to load on a page, overall.
The Darth Sidious image is only 2.86k and takes practically no time at all to load up. The FAQ should steer you onto some info as far as images and how to manipulate or load them.

Darth-Sidious.jpg

Wow That Is Way To Over my Head ! Just a Old Ret Lt.Col. Dont know mutch about Computers Have not had one to long !

Thank You
Col.

Quote:

How in the world do you up load pic Here ?

Col.
usa2.gif

As Nebraskan says, go to Photobucket or some other image hosting site. If manipulating the image is difficult for you, then just post it in the PHOTO section here on BITOG and link to it in your thread. You then don't have to mess up the thread view. The image will open on a separate page.

Gents, I have two 2006 3500 Dodge Cummins Both New, The Blk 3500 i Put a New Motor Guard Bypass Filter System On Her !
(Very Very Nice Unit,Super Easy Install) Ok On The Blue 3500
I Put a Gulf Coast Bypass Unit On This On (what a pain in the A$$ to install) Both trucks had about the same mileage (5k) We Took Both Trucks & Trailers (28FT) From Florida to
Way Deep Mexico , Trailers Loaded to the max Back Home ! Total Trip Was 5345 , Both trucks had new oil (Long rider)
K&N Oil Filters , Trucks are the same Auto Trans and so on.
Wow i got to cut this short, So Far i Can See a diff in oil
Transparanty, I Will have a test Run on Both !
Give me some Feed Back On What else i can do to test them. So Far Oil Guard is Hands Down The Best To Install, looks like it is filtering better ? But i Will Hold off Till The Test Come Back .

Best Regards,

Col.

PS: Motor Guard has a Real Nice looking and Well Built Unit.
I Placed the motor guard unit on the passenger side between
front bumper and inner wheel well,Great Place and fits great.

Honestly I believe that the single system BMK11 is better anyhow. Reason being your full flow filter on the cummins is larger than the largest FF filter that will fit on the dual remote.

My advice is to mount that BMK 11.

Ford used bypass filtration on their big truck engines in the late 50's into the 70's. They were the 361, 391 and bigger engines up to the 534. All gas burners. Anyone seen them? Can they still be obtained?

I used a B50 on my Camaro and then went to a TP type filter and I can assure you that the oil is cleaner looking. How much improvement this is engine-wise I can't say. Any body want to by the 5/5" x 18 adaptor from me? I'll sell it cheap.

You'll probably be looking mainly for soot level. If you can keep that under control ..or so it seems with the oil burners ..you can really extend your drains. When you post it in the Diesel UOA section, there will be loads of pals to tell you what's great and lousy with your oil.
grin.gif

Quote:

You'll probably be looking mainly for soot level. If you can keep that under control ..or so it seems with the oil burners ..you can really extend your drains. When you post it in the Diesel UOA section, there will be loads of pals to tell you what's great and lousy with your oil.
grin.gif

Thanks

Col.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back