2006 Acura TSX backup camera; easy peasey

Our beloved '06 TSX has a measly 225K miles on the clock; it's perfect.
One problem is the Infotainment and climate controls are integrated negating an easy modern radio/GPS installation. There is a cheesy climate control replacement, but I can't bear to mess up our car.

The 1st gen TSX cars, from 2006 forward, use a Pioneer DVD changer for music CDs and the GPS DVD. It is mounted high up in the trunk. Turns out, there's an open connector port in the back that accepts a $30 harness enabling a backup camera. Score!
If you want to do this, MAKE SURE the back of your DVD deck looks like this! The round cutout is an easy giveaway. Earlier cars, maybe even earlier 2006 year, use a different deck that will not accept the harness.
1716432501934.jpg

Then all you do is tap into the reverse light bulb. Sure, no Apple Carplay or Andriod Auto. I am very pleased with this solution.
You can source the harness and camera here. So easy even a lowly programmer can do it...
1716432583510.jpg

Last edited:
Our beloved '06 TSX has a measly 225K miles on the clock; it's perfect.
One problem is the Infotainment and climate controls are integrated negating an easy modern radio/GPS installation. There is a cheesy climate control replacement, but I can't bear to mess up our car.

The 1st gen TSX cars, from 2006 forward, use a Pioneer DVD changer for music CDs and the GPS DVD. It is mounted high up in the trunk. Turns out, there's an open connector port in the back that accepts a $30 harness enabling a backup camera. Score!
If you want to do this, MAKE SURE the back of your DVD deck looks like this! The round cutout is an easy giveaway. Earlier cars, maybe even earlier 2006 year, use a different deck that will not accept the harness.
View attachment 220689
Then all you do is tap into the reverse light bulb. Sure, no Apple Carplay or Andriod Auto. I am very pleased with this solution.
You can source the harness and camera here. So easy even a lowly programmer can do it...
View attachment 220690
Nice job!

We have a 2010 Sienna that I would love to upgrade to apple CarPlay for my wife. Unfortunately all options seem to disable rear seat entertainment or prevent the sound from playing through the vehicle.