2005 Saab 9-5 Arc Brake Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought one of these used and want to change the brakes front and rear. Any suggestions for pads and rotors?

Make sure you get the correct size rotors.. I got burned twice earlier this year attempting to replace brakes on an 02 Arc. Mine had vented rears (different from the other models), and larger front rotors. I'd measure your existing setup to make sure you get the right rotors. PLUS, the info suggests there was little rhyme or reason to which size setup the Arc models got.

I got smaller fronts, and non-vented rears.. Had to re-order twice to get the rights parts
frown.gif

I think given fitment issues, I'd like to buy locally.

As long as you get the right measurements, check pricing.. I think AAP/AZ price for each rotor for the Arc was ~80, while rock auto was ~25..

I'm all for brick and mortar stores, but that is A LARGE difference!!

I installed 'white box' Chinese AAP rotors w/AAP pads on my 04 ARC. They are fine. Order online with a discount code and pick up in person.

My ARC came w/the AERO larger front rotors and vented rears. As mentioned, you will want to check yours before ordering...pads are the same I believe.

Tip: It's a good time to clean, lube and adjust the parking brake mechanism when you change out the rear rotors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back