2005 Nissan altima 5AT Temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the normal temp for the Aisin 5AT? My scan gauge shows 199 degrees at idle after highway use. is this normal?

I dont know what the normal temp is for that trans but i do know 200 degrees is ok for transmission fluid. What are the temps after stop and go traffic? My lexus es300 gets to 180-190. I forget what trans is in that.

I have an earlier Nissan 3.5 in an '03 PathFinder and the scanguage will read ATF temps from 175 to 198F, depending on weather and driving conditions.

Last edited:
Yea its an Aisin. Its always shifted firm and i never can get used to it. It basically slams into 3rd. I just wanted to know it wasnt overheating. I have heard of many failing at low mileage and mine currently has 189,000 and it still works like it did when i bought it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Yea its an Aisin. Its always shifted firm and i never can get used to it. It basically slams into 3rd. I just wanted to know it wasnt overheating. I have heard of many failing at low mileage and mine currently has 189,000 and it still works like it did when i bought it.

Have you changed the ATF often over the years? Whether it's been just drain & refills(like I do) or pan drops with filter/screen & pan gasket, has this been done during the life of your tranny? Also, if so, what ATF have you been using?

There is an ATF that I have prefered over the years in my '04 Altima's 4 spd for it's consistency of shift quality in all conditions.

Just asking!

smile.gif

CB

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: Volv04Life

Have you changed the ATF often over the years? Whether it's been just drain & refills(like I do) or pan drops with filter/screen & pan gasket, has this been done during the life of your tranny? Also, if so, what ATF have you been using?

There is an ATF that I have prefered over the years in my '04 Altima's 4 spd for it's consistency of shift quality in all conditions.

Just asking!

smile.gif

CB

Im using nissan K matic fluid like it states in the manual. It is very specific about that. Ive only done drain and fills because the 5AT does not have a serviceable filter.

Thanks for the reply!
Are you considering any of the aftermarket ATF's that can be used in place of Matic-K?

I believe MaxLife ATF qualifies as does Castrol TransMAX IMV ATF. I like the ML as I have used both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back