2005 Mercedes E320 CDI (OM648) - Mobil 1 TDT 5w40 CJ-4 - 10k miles

Second UOA on the Mercedes, I only went a little longer than last time before I have into the oil life monitor. Seems like it and for an oil change after one year, will go longer this time.

Anyone see anything out of the ordinary here?

Screenshot_20210520-201716.jpg

Looks excellent... think of the 2005-2006 Mercedes Cdi as the perfect highway commuter car... think was last of inline 6 Diesel engines and before all the dpf and extra emissions, which eliminates many of the beneficial aspects of Diesel engine powered cars... I would say most exemplary used Diesel engine oil analysis comes from vehicles made before 2007 or they have modified-deleted emissions systems...

I think the next change will be 15k. This run did have a lot of the long trips (900 miles in a day) in it, very interesting to see that borne out in the wear numbers.

Interesting even though the oil doesn't meet the MB 229.31 or above spec's.
Agree, there was a lot of discussion about that on my first UOA... Agreement seemed to be that Mobil wasn't going to pay for the certification in a truck biased oil. Has been my go to fill for 80k miles now.

You went farther into your oil life monitor, yet the TBN was actually higher than last time. Excellent report overall. 15K is realistic with your use profile.

Back