2005 Mazda Tribute GC / Syntec mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of putting a 50/50 (3 quarts of each) mix of Castrol 5w20 Syntec and Castrol GC (green) into my 3.0L Duratec which calls for 5w20, any opinions.

I wanted a bit thicker mix for the summer months as I'll be up in the bush a lot with it. I have a bunch of oil sitting around and wanted to get rid of the stray 3 quarts of GC.

Oh boy, just make sure you lock your doors at night. You don't want any angry little Elves breaking into your house trying to sabotage the place for what you've done. No seriously, I wouldn't have mixed them due to different chemistries but I don't think it will hurt the engine for one interval.

JAG,

Die kleinen Burschen are pleased with your devotion to the purity of the Elixer of Life, Love, and Tribological Triumph...quite pleased, in fact.
cheers.gif

They do agree with you that for one interval the magic of the Elves will keep cyclic's engine from doing anything rash..or from getting one...

I just wanted to point out that I do feel bad for using the words "...get rid..." The elves should not be spoken of that way.

Let me rephrase, "I wanted to treat my Duratec to GC, therefore I seek approval of the GC high council to allow the Elves to flow through my engine's veins."

cyclic,

Your words are well received by the diminutive ones and approval was enthusiastically granted (well, Hans had to be cajoled a bit but Er ist keine "Morgen Person.")

cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back