2005 Jeep GC A/C Compressor issues

Hey All! I thought I would post here for a few tidbits in case I am missing something.

The problem
Kid calls from college the other day, dad the Jeep is making a horrible sound! Turns out it is the serpentine belt squealing on the AC compressor pulley. The pulley is not turning at all, AC or no AC. So I tell him to shut it off and don't drive it until I can get there to fix it.

The solution
I plan to drive to him tomorrow and replace the AC compressor and accumulator in the system. I will discharge and recharge the system. I bought gauges and a vacuum pump to assist with said process.

The question
What am I missing? This seems straight forward. I have not ever discharged and recharged a system, only topped off leaking systems. Thanks in advance!

How do plan to discharge the system? Usually the refrigerant is recovered. Refilling is done by weight.

How do plan to discharge the system? Usually the refrigerant is recovered. Refilling is done by weight.
I plan to discharge into an empty tank, but I suspect it might be empty. According to everything online the Jeep takes 1.5lbs which is 2 12oz cans.

Just my $0.02

Back