2005 Envoy v6 45 000 KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon everyone.
My brother wants to make the switch over to synthetic oil....
He asked me what I thought was the best for him....and I mentioned PP 5 30 or Mobil 1 5 30.....(5 30 is what is on the cap)

Any input would be fantastic....along with how many KM he could get out of an oil change.

Thank you.

PS: I use PP in my 1998 STS!

Which V6 is in that model. (not familiar)

Pennzoil Platinum is a great choice and I would say you could run the oil to 8K miles without knowing which V6 you have.

Just follow the GM Oil Life Monitor. It will take the guesswork out of determining the correct service interval.

Those are great engines. BTW I'm sure you already know but they hold around 7.5 to 8 quarts of oil if I remember right. Longer oci is very possible due to this higher cap. of oil.

i have been using gtx in my 2004. smooth and strong.

for the next change (@ 4000 miles)im thinking of using motorcraft because of the price. i also remember seeing a uoa with this combo that was awesome.

i may get in on the 1.99 napa sale and give it a try.

7 quarts. AC PF61 filter. Any 5w30 will do. My Envoy did not like GC, (0w30 Castrol Syntec) fuel mileage was even worse than it's usual 13mpg. Quaker State was good. My favorite was Schaeffer 7000 syn blend. With that and Soy Shield, I was able to squeak out 14.xmpg in town. I currently have Mobil 1 AFE 0w30 in it. No difference in MPG. Those inline 6's are easy on oil, and have large sumps. Following the OLM is OK, any synthetic is going to go 7500-10000 miles if you are on a mileage schedule. Only a UOA can tell you what you can run with your chosen oil and interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back