2005 Chevy 2500hd SEO B1 fuse

Does anyone have a way to find a wiring diagram for this SEO B1 fuse? I'm dealing with a draw and as soon as I pull this fuse I drop from 110 milliamps to about 5 milliamps. I left it out for now and can't find anything that doesn't work. From what I found online it runs
-Instrument panel cluster
-Rear fog lamp relay
-Overhead console
-Roof beacon light

The truck is a 2005 Chevy 2500hd with the 6.0.

Does anyone have a way to find a wiring diagram for this SEO B1 fuse? I'm dealing with a draw and as soon as I pull this fuse I drop from 110 milliamps to about 5 milliamps. I left it out for now and can't find anything that doesn't work. From what I found online it runs
-Instrument panel cluster
-Rear fog lamp relay
-Overhead console
-Roof beacon light

The truck is a 2005 Chevy 2500hd with the 6.0.
Hope this helps..

B1.jpg

If the instrument panel is on that fuse you might try pulling it out and unplugging it to see if the draw goes away, theres a lot that can go wrong on one and they dont have a great reliability history.
The dash bezel pulls off and then 4 screws come out of the panel and it comes out. Plenty of Youtube videos on how to pull it if youve never done one. If you put the steering wheel all the way down when taking it out it is easier. Also dont unplug it with the power on.

I would say the problem is not in the instrument cluster if your IPC/DIC doesn't also have a draw. Can the overhead console and roof beacon switch and relay all be isolated individually?

I would say the problem is not in the instrument cluster if your IPC/DIC doesn't also have a draw. Can the overhead console and roof beacon switch and relay all be isolated individually?
I should be able to unplug the roof beacon switch. The overhead console on this truck only has dome lights in it. I can drop it down and see if there's anything else up there for trucks with more options.

Reactions: wtd
The diagram shows that some trucks will be wired differently. If it does not have option B58, the instrument panel is powered from the panel fuse, and the only things on the SEO fuse are the garage door opener and roof beacon.

I was able to do a little more diagnosing. I unplugged the roof beacon switch and the draw went away. I need to find out where the factory roof beacon wires are. I'm assuming it just wires above the headliner for a flashing snowplow light. I could hear when I plugged/unplugged the switch a click behind the driver's seatbelt trim piece.

The switch controls a relay so that is the click you heard. If the relay is on in either position of the switch but turns off when you unplug the switch, the switch must be stuck closed. Check it with an ohmmeter.

You could just leave the fuse out since you don't have a garage door opener or roof beacon, and leave the bad switch plugged in for cosmetic sake.

I was able to do a little more diagnosing. I unplugged the roof beacon switch and the draw went away. I need to find out where the factory roof beacon wires are. I'm assuming it just wires above the headliner for a flashing snowplow light. I could hear when I plugged/unplugged the switch a click behind the driver's seatbelt trim piece.
Sounds like you are on the right track.

What is the function of the "rear" fog lamp relay.
Rear fog lamps weren't installed in US cars. It's a European thing. Basically, when the fog lamps are turned on a red lamp in one or both of the rear tail light assemblies is turned on. These lights are not the stop lights.

Back