2005 Camry gets video backup camera bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks/works great....excellent fit, good images....almost TOO bright!
Very good sound too....

XzD2Ba.jpg

K6F52V.jpg

tZ8lUj.jpg

uOJZLZ.jpg

T16EwL.jpg

Cost:
head unit $170 (Pioneer)
camera $ 85 (Pioneer)
dash kit $ 20
steerg wheel controls $ 40
"in Drive" DVD $ 30
TOTAL parts $345
Installation $210

TOTAL $ 555

Nice! I put in a standard Pioneer deck in my Camry (has room for a double din radio) when I bought it. I installed it myself, was easy. I also replaced all the speakers with PPIs. Total out the door was around $120-130 for it all. I had to get creative with the rear speakers and broke the old speakers out of their frames and silicone the new ones in those frames so it would mount nicely (3 bolt vs 4 bolt). Front ones weren't direct replacement either so I used self tapping screws.

One thing I've learned with aftermarket radios, you have to turn on "Loudness" for it to sound good. otherwise it sounds like AM radio. I have mine in high.

a little jealous, my dash kit alone for the infiniti is $100 if i get a deal otherwise is $150 normally. And its an obvious aftermarket because i have my HVAC integrated with my radio.

It does look nice tho .

Last edited:
Can you PM me the places where you picked up the parts? $170 for that Pioneer is ridiculously cheap!

Do you like the software on it?
I went with a touchscreen stereo in my Civic back in the day and I hated it (Pioneer Avic X-930BT)

I assume that one does not have navigation for that price.. But it sure does look like it has a nice screen!

Parts ordered from NewEgg...
No nav
No Apple carplay...bluetooth compatible

...as for other specs:pioneer AVH-270BT In-Dash DVD/CD/MP3 Receiver
In-dash DVD/CD/MP3 Receiver Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels RMS: 17 watts x 4 channels Playback Formats: CD, CD-R/RW, DVD, DVD-R/RW, MP3, WMA, AAC, MP4 6.2" Full color TFT-LCD LCD touchscreen display Double-DIN Optional Wireless Remote Control Wired Remote Input MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album) Advanced Sound Retriever Digital time alignment Bluetooth Audio Streaming Easy EQ 5-band graphic equalizer with 7 preset EQ curves 24-bit Digital Analog Converter AM/FM Supertuner® IIID with 24FM/6AM presets 2 Sets of 2V preamp outputs (front, rear/subwoofer) Built-in Bluetooth with Wideband Speech Rear USB Input Rear A/V Auxiliary Input..Backup Camera Input Steering Wheel Control Ready...International Buyers: All our products are intended for sale and use in the USA

$30 for "In Drive" part to allow the DVD to play while "in drive"...that would otherwise be locked out when in gear.

Last edited:
$30 to ground out the park circuit in the radio...ouch.

No to mention who watches a movie when driving?

Last edited:
Sometimes you can just ground the park wire on those things to a screw on the chassis of the radio to watch DVD's without the parking brake being on.

The last two I did were like that.

I'm not a DiY guy....so sometimes you need to pay for expertise and experience...and on long drives, a passenger may like to watch a movie.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
I'm not a DiY guy....so sometimes you need to pay for expertise and experience...and on long drives, a passenger may like to watch a movie.

Fair, just asking.

I would have told you if you asked about the DVD thing, did for 2 stereos already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back