2004 Toyota Sequoia V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the posted UOA results for the I-force V8 I'm positive that I can go 7,500 miles on Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 without the expense of a UOA.

What I'd like to know is how far I can feel comfortable going with 5w-30 Maxlife Blend. I have only seen UOAs for synthetics with OCI in the 7,000 mile plus range.

Any thoughts?

One guy's comfort zone is another guy's squealing point. I've seen several 12k runs using Amsoil ASL, yet personally I can't seem to get past 7k with it. It's psychological, of course.

Having said that, if your engine is running properly, I would feel comfortable going 6k with any of the major branded blended oils on the market, including the one you've mentioned.

This engine (the 2UZ-FE V-8) does almost nothing to the oil that circulates within it. Search up the two UOAs I posted on my wife's 2001 Tree when I was running green GC in it. I went thirteen months and 10k miles, and the oil was still looking good.

All this said, I'd still spring for at least one little UOA. Blackstone's economical service would do fine. Use Terry if you want more depth for more money. As solid as the 2UZ is, at the end of the day, it's just a machine designed and made by mere mortals. You want to be 100% sure that yours is healthy.
cheers3.gif

Understanding that color isn't a good indicator of oil quality, the oil that came out after 2,000+ miles looked essentially new so I have some confidence that the engine isn't "dirty" at this point. I'll have to see if the synthetic "draws" anything out.

Originally Posted By: blackdiamond
Understanding that color isn't a good indicator of oil quality, the oil that came out after 2,000+ miles looked essentially new so I have some confidence that the engine isn't "dirty" at this point. I'll have to see if the synthetic "draws" anything out.

You're talking about a 2UZ V-8. The oil will still be near-blonde after 10k miles. I don't know what they did with this engine, but it's just amazingly clean-running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back