2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L V4 motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone we currently have a 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L V4 with 165957 miles on it currently. We have been using Valvoline SynPower and Valvoline Advanced 10W30 Synthetic motor oil and a Mobil 1 or K&N air filter on all the motor changes since brand new. The 2.4L engine runs like new and smooth. What motor oil brands would be best to use on our 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L V4?? Should we continue using what we currently use for all our oil changes? In Florida it gets hot and humid in the summer and in the winter we drive our 2004 Toyota Camry Le to New York in the winter where it gets cold. I drive all our vehicles hard. What motor oil brands and oil filters do you guys recommend using?? This 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L V4 is the most reliable and dependable vehicle we ever owned and I would like it to continue to be.

Doubt if it's a V4 unless you jammed an old Saab engine from the seventies in it, but most SN oil is pretty good and your engine probably has more than another 100k in it. Without seeing your manual and not having owned a Camry except early nineties beaters for my kids I'd think any proper oil would do 5k conventional or 7.5k synthetic with no probs. This is probably old enough to lack GDI or a turbo, right? That's a good thing for longevity.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
Pretty sure that car doesn't have a V4 lol
I mean our 2004 Toyota Camry Le has a 2.4L four cylinder. I don't do long OCI's at all. I do oil changes every 3K miles or every 3 months whatever comes first using Valvoline 10W30 SynPower or Advanced synthetic motor oil and a Mobil 1 or K&N oil filter. I have seen Toyota Camry Le taxi's make it to 400K-500K miles before needing an engine rebuild on the 2.4L four cylinder engines it's hard to beat Toyota's reliability and dependability. I have cut open the Mobil 1 and K&N oil filters they both have synthetic media and a excellent design drain back valve and their casing is strong as well. What motor oils do you guys recommend using on a 2004 Toyota Camry Le 2.4L four cylinder??

If you just wanna try something new - look at Castrol Magnatec. I just switched from Mobil1 and honestly can't believe how much more responsive and smoother my car has become. 5w30 or 10w30 will work for you, you won't notice any difference since it's the same at operating temperature. If I'm not mistaken, NOACK is lower for 10w30 but since your vehicle is not a direct injection one it shouldn't be a concern.
I also doubt you benefit from 3k miles/3 months oil changes, does the oil turn black in your engine this fast?

Last edited:
My best buddy and my BIL both have 2004 Camry LE 2.4L, here in the RUST BELT. And both look quite decent.

Both cars have over 250,000 miles and neither have use synthetic oil, only regular(cheapest name brand 5W30 oil they can buy).

Each of these guys have been running ~6000+ mile oil change intervals(OCI) on dino oil and basic filters(whatever comes with the oil/filter combo).

These 2004 Camry 4 cyls are rated among the most reliable vehicle ever made by Toyota. Especially the 2004 year('02-'06).

Last edited:
Trolling.gif

"""""""~~~~\~~~~~~~~~~
###~~~~~\~~~~~~~~~
###~~~~~~\~~~~~~~~
###~~~~~~~\~~~~~~~

Since prices are close if you change your own I'd use any kind of synthetic. That doesn't apply at oil change places. HM wouldn't hurt but you're doing fine.

if you're dropping any oil at 3k, especially syn, you're really wasting time and oil. I'm not overly green, but that's a waste.

Originally Posted by PimTac

🛥🎣

I'm quite new to the bitog, could you educate me what exactly you mean by this?
My guess would be fishing (or phishing), but why?

BTW I do see your "Cannot see signatures any longer so it doesn't matter." signature
smile.gif
So if you're still interested, go to Preferences -> Show signatures and select "Always". Works only for computer browsers, I still see no signatures from my phone

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SlavaB

🛥🎣

BTW I do see your "Cannot see signatures any longer so it doesn't matter." signature
smile.gif
So if you're still interested, go to Preferences -> Show signatures and select "Always". Works only for computer browsers, I still see no signatures from my phone

Since that bothered you so much I fixed it. BTW, I don't use a computer.

I think you can also use 5w-30 if you are worried about living in NY state for the winter.

Any "brand" name oil (even Supertech from Wally) should be fine since you are using it only for 3000 miles OCI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Char Baby
My best buddy and my BIL both have 2004 Camry LE 2.4L, here in the RUST BELT. And both look quite decent.

Both cars have over 250,000 miles and neither have use synthetic oil, only regular(cheapest name brand 5W30 oil they can buy).

Each of these guys have been running ~6000+ mile oil change intervals(OCI) on dino oil and basic filters(whatever comes with the oil/filter combo).

These 2004 Camry 4 cyls are rated among the most reliable vehicle ever made by Toyota. Especially the 2004 year('02-'06).

On that era of 2.4's you are more likely to experience stripped head bolt threads before oil will ever become an issue...

Don't see any reason why the OPer should change from Valvoline AFS is he has been happy with it.
If he is going to be in Upstate NY in the heart of winter, might be worth thinking about 5W30 for that change instead of 10W30...

Originally Posted by SlavaB

🛥🎣

smile.gif

Since that bothered you so much I fixed it. BTW, I don't use a computer.

Yes a phone is much easier to fit in your pocket that a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back