2004 Taurus 3.0 Duratec Castrol GTX 5w20 342,958 VM 5,548 OM

1606188579920.png

Very nice report!! Couple of questions. How long have you owned this vehicle? Are the other UOA's with Castrol? Do you know what mileage the universal averages are based on? Thanks!

Very nice report!! Couple of questions. How long have you owned this vehicle? Are the other UOA's with Castrol? Do you know what mileage the universal averages are based on? Thanks!
It was a program car, I think we purchased it with around 12,000 miles. It has been all GTX 5w20 since we have owned it. I originally started with Fram orange can filters before I really knew anything but we have only run WIx or Baldwin the last 10 or so years at least. I don't know what the universal averages would be however I will e-mail Blackstone to find out. It still makes a 80-100 mile commute every day and will continue to do so for another few years anyway. The only thing that could possibly kill it right now would be the transmission as the body is fine and clearly the engine is still sound. I have run Schaeffer 204 for the last 100k or so miles and Valvoline before that and we intend to repair it should the transmission give any issues. It has never been apart.

Back