2004 nissan sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less is more.
dunno.gif

So far with my 2003 [also has 2.7L sump] I've not had to add make-up oil during a 3500-3750 mile OCI I've been using.

As for the oil filter you can use the Nissan 15208-9E000 filter; I've never seen the "really small filter" but I believe the 15208-9E000 is the same diameter but longer.

On the other hand make sure you get a UOA done, as the QG18DE seems to have a common head gasket problem, and if there's a leak the UOA might help get it repaired under warranty.

I've had my 2006 for a month or so now. I love it. When I did dump my factory fill, I just added 3 qts, and it's just above the full line.

The engine runs smooth, and the UOA that I've seen on these all look good (except for the ones that show an antifreeze leak). The wear looks good even with a small sump. I plan on doing regular UOA on mine once I get some miles on it. I don't think there is much use doing one now and looking at all the junk the factory left in there
wink.gif

It's the cheapest oil change I've ever done
grin.gif

Brian

The newer nissan sentra's use a metric filter, using wix filters as an example my 90 sentra uses a 51361 height-4.067 diameter- 2.960 thread 3/4-16
the 2004 sentra with the 1.8 engine uses a 51365 height-2.577 diameter-2.685 thread 20x1.5mm.

I don't own a 2004 sentra but my friend just bought one for his wife and I noticed the oil capacity when I downloaded the Factory service manual for him, I couldn't believe the engine took so little oil , the small filter I discovered one day when I had a buddy of mine at work stop at the nissan dealer to pick me up an oil filter and the parts dept. sold him the small filter by mistake.

Welll this engine has been out for 7 or 8 years now. All Nissans use that same small filter. The larger ones specified on the 2000 and earlier Maxima will fit the 1.8. One of the weaknesses of this engine is the head gasket. Other than that its a decent engine.

Look at the bright side...small sump = a good excuse to change the oil at a shorter OCI. If you're a true BITOGer, that's a good thing.
freak2.gif
A good dino at 3K would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back