2004 G35 Coolant ok list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is ok to use for 2004 G35 Coupe it has green coolant now gonna flush it with 75K i'm assuming it will take green but how about the hybrid G-05 from zerex or dexcool?

Why not use Nissan coolant? The Japanese makers use a different chemistry in their coolant, and there is no exact match for any of them in American brands. GO5 is the closest, but considering the change intervals, a few more dollars for the spec coolant seems wise to me.

Is nissan coolant different? mine has dark green i dont have a owners manual.. The zerex G05 specifys the conventional green on they're bottles for it tho. why i was asking.

I have the same VQ35DE engine in my 350Z. I used the Prestone Long Life two years ago during a flush and fill with no problems. You can get the nissan coolant if it makes you feel better, but the price is outrageous!

Originally Posted By: Sed
I have the same VQ35DE engine in my 350Z. I used the Prestone Long Life two years ago during a flush and fill with no problems. You can get the nissan coolant if it makes you feel better, but the price is outrageous!
+1 Used Prestone AMM EL last time on my 2.5L Altima. Today I used Peak Long Life on same vehicle, I've had no issues. Especially when all Nissan spec says "green". Peak LL or Prestone easy to find, and the price is right.

Nissan says system should be maintained every 2 years or 30k, so that made this choice easy for me.

The price difference between OEM vs OTC coolant is large.

IMO, the price difference can be easily justified for something called "Peace of Mind".

Can someone put a price on "Peace of Mind"?

That is a valid point, but with all the information available he would also be justified using other respected coolants. The important thing is to change it out.

I used to give a lot of credit to "peace of mind", then I did some research (and logical thinking) and walked "ran" away from christianity.

That is why the stealerships (shameless punks) are going to the toilets. Outrageous prices, labor costs, all that overhead baggage they carry and push it down the innocent customers.

I know 2 master technicians who are on their own with their own shops. Less overhead, more benefits to customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back