2004 bmw 525i

Status
Not open for further replies.
2004 BMW 525i

auto 170k miles

He want $6500 and I asked him how much dealership offers him he reply $5700. It don't make sense that dealership offer him that much then resale it for $6500 so dealership would be making $600 profits. I bet dealership offer him 1k-3000 dollars. How much should I offer him?

The dealership would ask more than $6,500, probably more like $7,500+. Private party prices are lower than dealership prices precisely because the dealership is out to make a profit and because the buyer has a higher sense of confidence buying from a dealer.

The car is worth about $4K in trade-in value, according to KBB. I'm sure the dealer is not offering him more than that, unless the car has every option package imaginable and is in pristine condition.

About $6K would be a reasonable price at retail level. However, that's quite a lot of miles for a BMW. If the car doesn't have records of meticulous maintenance, be ready to spend quite a bit to catch up with it or else get ready for some expensive repairs down the road.

I'm going to offers him $4k and see what he say? I know 530i is better but I can't find it in my city for $6500.

Originally Posted By: Rohan
I'm going to offers him $4k and see what he say?

That's rather insulting, IMO. I wouldn't even respond if someone low balled me like this.

Well, it was just my opinion. His price is slightly high for a private party sale. He left himself a little bit of wiggle room. Like I wrote earlier, I think $6K would have been reasonable, depending on options and condition. You offered him 40% less than his asking price. To me that's low balling, but again, that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back