2004 Acura TSX 2.4L I-VTEC 4400 Miles 5w30 Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the oem OCI schedule? I'm assuming this is a 'stick'?

With insolubles at .1 and current wear rates, I say 7.5k miles would be my choice of interval.It would be interesting to see the UOA difference between the thin(m1) and thick(GC) 30 weight on this motor.

So this engine isn't the same 2.4L four that Honda uses in the Accord? The Accord 2.4L gets 20-weight, I believe.

This is my wifes 2004 Acura TSX. It comes with the Honda K series DOHC I-VTEC. I went with the factory fill for 1K miles. Then to Havoline dino for 2k. Mobil 1 was put in with three thousand on the Odometer. The filter was a Napa Gold. This Engine calls for 5w30 not 5w20 as other Honda applications. I changed from Mobil 1 to GC for this interval. I did a short OCI to get a TBN baseline.

-

quote:

Originally posted by Jay:
So this engine isn't the same 2.4L four that Honda uses in the Accord? The Accord 2.4L gets 20-weight, I believe.

I think it's the same engine, but in the TSX it's tuned to crank out 200 hp which I believe is about a 40 hp bump over the Accord.

it's different engine, Accord has i-vtec while TSX has i-Vtec & VTEC. the redine of accord is about ~~6200 while TSX is ~~7000 rpm. the compression of TSX is 10.7 the new 04 TL may be 11.1.

quote:

Originally posted by gogozy:
it's different engine, Accord has i-vtec while TSX has i-Vtec & VTEC. the redine of accord is about ~~6200 while TSX is ~~7000 rpm. the compression of TSX is 10.7 the new 04 TL may be 11.1.

Is it the same block with different head, or is it totally different design?

quote:

Is it the same block with different head, or is it totally different design?

I'm pretty sure it is the same block with a different head and a few other tweaks. The car magazines describe the two engines as being from the same "family".

John

quote:

Originally posted by Bill:
I thought this engine had Titanium connecting rods to?

I don't recall seeing anything in the literature about titanium connecting rods. You might be thinking of the NSX?

[ June 04, 2004, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: 2004_STI ]

im planning on switching to m1 5 30 on my tsx on 10000 miles. is m1 5 30 the best oil? im doing a 5000 mile interval? manual said 10k for normal driving & 5k for the severe. oh yeah i drive a tsx first oil change at 5k honda oil. i lived in so cal so it gets hot. thanks in advance

the TSX has some very high piston speeds for a large 4 cylinder, they stroked the motor but kept the high revs and got some extremely high piston speeds out of it. Gotta expect a bit of wear from this engine over time, higher than other K series derivatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back