2004.5 Ram Cummins High Silver

Hi, first post here. Showing high silver in oil analysis this go around. Bought the truck last year, 3 oil changes since owning it. Rotella T the first time and Kirkland on this report. In between first and second report, I replaced Injectors and the 3 injector wiring harness in the valve cover spacer. Also flushed and changed coolant. I did not use any anti-seize when replacing injectors so not the source of the silver.
Runs okay as far as I can tell. No knocking sounds and no blowby. It does idle a little rough. MPG seems in line with what it should be, 15-16 city 18 hwy. No smoke at exhaust.
Any thoughts? Is it possible the silver is being leached from the electrical connectors?

Attachments

• 04 RAM 2500-201014.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 57
report.jpg

Despite Blackstone's comment, 5ppm of Ag over a universal average of 3ppm is not "high silver". That is likely within a statistical error band or related to their daily calibration of the ICP machine. I'd watch for future trends just as they say.

Silver is probably just an anomalous reading. Will probably go away on the next sample.
Have them measure TBN on the next sample, maybe it's possible to run the oil longer than 4k miles. You could probably double it, but 6k miles would definitely be safe.
At only 262k miles, the engine is probably just about broken in!
Iron wear rate is about par for a good engine.

Silver is probably just an anomalous reading. Will probably go away on the next sample.
Have them measure TBN on the next sample, maybe it's possible to run the oil longer than 4k miles. You could probably double it, but 6k miles would definitely be safe.
At only 262k miles, the engine is probably just about broken in!
Iron wear rate is about par for a good engine.

Your sample looks good. Fuel dilution and soot is low. Viscosity is good. Kirkland seems like a good oil. I think going
Just my $0.02

Back