2003 silverado switch to max-life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my hauler has 73,000 miles on it now and i've been considering switching to valvoline max life from pennzoil yb. i'm considering this because of the positive comments on this site concerning max life, and maybe there is something to be said for preventing oil seepage on my aging gracefully truck. thoughts??

I have an '03 Sierra with 165,000 miles. Ran dino up to 63,000, then PP & Amsoil ever since. Mine don't seep or burn at all.

If you're not seeping or burning oil, don't change.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
my hauler has 73,000 miles on it now and i've been considering switching to valvoline max life from pennzoil yb. i'm considering this because of the positive comments on this site concerning max life, and maybe there is something to be said for preventing oil seepage on my aging gracefully truck. thoughts??

It won't hurt anything, except maybe your gas mileage, but barely noticeably.

I wouldn't bother switching though, at least not permanently. I'd use YB, but maybe throw some MaxLife in during the summer. There's certainly no need for high mileage oil at every change if you have no issues..

I have a 2003 Silverado I just turned 94K I bought it with 81K last year as soon as I got it I put Max Life the syn blend in it. It runs great with it. It did not look like it had any leaks when I bought it, but I wanted the max life any how. I am a fanatic I change it 3 months or 3000.. I know people say it can stay in longer but I like the 3/3000 rule.

There is much more to MaxLife than just seal conditioners. MaxLife is a blend with 30% synthetic. It has a higher HTHS in both 5W and 10W-30. The 100C cSt is better at 11.5, but still well within 30 grade specks. It has 300 ppm moly, more antioxidants, and cleaning adds(suspected esters) other than the detergent pack of calcium and sodium. According to Valvoline, it also has extra/more FM. With MaxLife you are getting a more heavy duty oil.

thank you frank, thats the answer i was looking for.

cheers3.gif

My motor like Pennzoil-HM much better than maxlife...I got 1/10th less MPG with Maxlife & the engine was not as quiet and smooth as with the Pennzoil HM. oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back