2003 Saturn Vue 3.0L - Oil filter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the deal with this 3.0L engine as no one seems to stock a filter for it and if they do its almost $10 or more. I usually have to ask for it and I'm lucky if they have one in the back somewhere.

Part of the problem, is that it looks like it was a Saturn only filter, except it was also used on the Cadillac Catera as well.

O'Reilly sells Wix for $7.99, and ACDelco for $8.99.

That's clearly not almost $10 more than others.

RockAuto sells AutoExtra (made by the manufacturer of Wix filters) for $3.65 each, Wix for $5.35 each, and Bosch fr $6.22

I'd place an order with RockAuto for a half dozen of the AutoExtra filters (I use the AutoExtra filters myself) and be done with it for a while.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Part of the problem, is that it looks like it was a Saturn only filter, except it was also used on the Cadillac Catera as well.

O'Reilly sells Wix for $7.99, and ACDelco for $8.99.

That's clearly not almost $10 more than others.

I said $10 OR more, not $10 more.

I'll look into the WIX, its a few $ cheaper than the napa gold I had bought. I'm just saying for how tiny the filter is its a pretty pricey filter. Also I like to run extended drain intervals and I want a high quality filter to run 7.5-10k, I dont want an AC delco for that.

I guess I'm too use to buying P1 for 6.99 or less for a bigger filter for my other vehicles.

Last edited:
I also have a 03 Vue with the 3.0 V6. I stocked up on a few purolator pureone at advance auto parts website and used the coupon codes they have and rebates, makes the filters real cheap. Or you can also get some of the oil change specials that the different autopart stores have and get wix or fram or pureones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back