2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara I6 Manual 5 Speed

I believe I have the NV3550 in my 2003 Sahara. Can I use Red Line in the Manual Transmission and the front and rear differential? What weight do I need. I'd like to run the same in both if possible. Thanks for any input.

I would use a GL5 in the front/rear differentials. Probably would use the 75w110, 75w90, or if abused, 75w140.

For the transmission, I'd use Redline MTL.

For the power steering, Redline has a synthetic PSF.

And, if 4wd, Redline has C+ for the transfer case.

^^^ completely agree with this post. Id also resist the urge to go 140 weight, unless jeep spec’d it. I believe they did in some of the GCs at some point, but it was a problem-fixer (axle tube alignment if i recall), not something which should have been required. Thinner oils carry heat from the gears to the carrier more effectively, from what ive read.

ill also throw in a vote for the amsoil diff fluids. And valvoline. Ive used M1 several times but it always drained startlingly thin, making me wonder if it was a bit sheer prone.

Thanks guys for the Redline MTL recommendation. I got it change out. Simple job and wow what a big difference. Shifting was smooth before but now it's smooth as glass. The thing just falls into gear.

Back