2002 silverado m1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh

Hi, Guys, This is my first post here, and I have a ? for you. I didn't know there was so much to this oil thing 'till I found yhis site. Very interesting. I have a 2002 silverado (4800 vortec) that I have been running M1 5w-30 for the first 20k at 4-5k oci. After reading alot on this site it makes me wonder, What would be best for my truck ,the M1, or dino-Havoline, Chevron supreme or Pennz at3k oci. I'm planning on keeping yhis truck for a long time. So does the M1 really give me an advantage?
Thanks for any replies. Gh

I have a 2002 with 5.3 I've been using syn-blend and changing oil and filter at 3k, but this time I'm going to MobilOne 5W30 and wait for the oil change light to come on. So far the light has come on around 7500 miles. When you look at the price we paid for our trucks its cost effective to use better than average oils.

I have a 2003 Silverado and use Mobil 1 10w30 year round and if you don't get many days in the winter much below 0f I'd use the 10w30 over the 5w30. I analize my oil every time and 10w30 is more stable and a better oil all around. Do a little research on Lube Control and Fuel Power here on the site. It's use will help Mobil 1 perform even better! One good thing if nothing else that syns have over dino is that they will help keep the inside of your engine much cleaner! Nice truck you have there!
smile.gif

[ March 16, 2004, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: Chris B. ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back