2002 Mitsubishi Pajero Pinin cooling fluid change

Hi everyone, I write from Italy.

I would like to do some maintenance on my mother's 2002 Mitsubishi Pajero Pinin.

As this is an unusual car, this is the name of the official model Mitsubishi H60W H141 SMMKKRR14 engine code 4G93

Over the years it has only changed the oil, filter and brake fluid.

I was wondering if it was time to replace the cooling fluid. It has no problems but I think it may be a good idea after 19 years.

Nothing is written in the use and maintenance booklet.

Searching on the internet I found a workshop manual (in Russian I think) and I seem to have understood that these are the volumes and specifications.

6 liters of genuine mitsubishi coolant which should be normal blue / green

I wanted to ask you for advice before proceeding. Could you give me confirmation that the correct coolant is the classic green / blue?

Could you give me some advice?

Thanks so much

yes, blue/green is the original colour. BASF Glysantin G48 would be what you need so use a cross reference to other manufacturers to make sure you get something suitable

Use HOAT antifreeze for Asian vehicles. I use blue for my Mitsubishi. Not sure what offerings are available for your region. My gen 2 Montero (Pajero)Owner's Manual calls for any ethylene glycol. Mine was green from factory, eons ago. However; antifreeze has been through several iterations since our vehicles were made.

Back