2002 Ford Mustang GT, RP 5W20, 868 Miles/Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Purple has been run since about 24,000 miles or so on the car. Before switching to Royal Purple, it was Motorcraft Syn-Blend. Always used Motorcraft FL820S filters. Roush "K&N" filter. Total miles on the car now is about 42,300.

This was the last oil change with Royal Purple. Quite a few short trips (moving it in the driveway, was noted on Blackstone form), and a bit dirtier filter (also noted). Car is driven the way it is intended to be when I do take it out, and Blackstone guessed right, lol.

Sample was taken about 5 minutes after a 25-30 mile drive. The oil and filter were on the car for about 9 months as well.

Not sure what other information would be of help...

d71294.jpg

That's a decent UOA, considering the way you drive this car. IMO, you can extend your OCIs a great deal. That's an extremely high TBN. You're wasting good oil by changing it this early.

Originally Posted By: roushstage2
Yes. The car is only driven every so often, and only when it's dry because it doesn't like the wet roads.

Dude, wet roads are a lot of fun in a RWD mustang. Live a little.

Originally Posted By: ctc
Originally Posted By: roushstage2
Yes. The car is only driven every so often, and only when it's dry because it doesn't like the wet roads.

Dude, wet roads are a lot of fun in a RWD mustang. Live a little.
LOL.gif
True. Mine will surely seperate the rock star from the groupie in the rain!
crazy2.gif

Oh, I've had my fun in the rain no doubt. Accidentally went sideways down a 3 lane road one time (Sunrise Blvd in Sacramento; it was wet, tires broke loose without me knowing until I became sideways), and from there on I had all 3 lanes to myself. Done that in the rain amongst many other things I probably shouldn't have, lol. :D

slalom44- Just wanted to get the oil and filter out/off due to the time factor since as far as I know, the oil and filter were only supposed to be on for a 6-month period. For me, it is more comforting knowing nothing is excessively wearing considering how I drive it than seeing how long I can go on one oil change. Looking at the "acceptable" levels on the main page, it seems it is actually wearing better than average? With my new oil and filter, and the knowledge I have gained from reading around here, I'm going to go a full year before a change, again though, regardless of miles.

The 4.6L is tough engine. Thousands of them are running every minute in cabs, many with 250k+ miles, bulk dino oil, and a cabbie that drives it like it's stolen. Rest assured that you do not need to change your oil every six months.

Just looking at the report again though, what would cause Magnesium to be that high? Blackstone indicates it is a trace element, additive in gasoline? I only fill up at Chevron...

I have the computer tuned to a performance setting that requires 91 min octane. I'm aware that if I don't need it, don't run it. I get more power on the tune, and about 50 more miles to a tank too, so it works out both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back