2002 Corvette Z06 what oil to use?

I personally don't think it's better. If you look at the certifications that ESP 5w30 passes, it looks to be the better built oil. And both of them start out pretty close in viscosity at operating temperature, and both have an HTHS of 3.5. But as you mention, the 0w40 will likely thin out more. In my experience running M1 Euro 0w40 in my ex wife's BMW, it thinned out quite a bit, but my UOAs with 5w30 ESP have shown it to hold's viscosity rock solid even past 7000 miles.
any preference on the oil filter brand?

Hello everyone I am looking and wondering what oil I should run in this vette? I read older threads but alas they are dated and now we have new oil formulations so that means different specs. I do like PUP 5w30 or M1 EP 5w30 but I am afraid the PUP may shear to a 5w20 in this engine. I don't plan on tracking the car so I wont be going to the ×w40 route unless I should or if it burns oil like crazy. Please let me know what you recommend thank you very much!!!
View attachment 30958
Mobil 1 was factory fill so that’s always an option. But any name brand 5w30 full synthetic will work for you. What are you running for a filter?

Mobil 1 EP 5w30
Castrol Edge extended performance 5w30
Or
Pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30
Quaker state ultra protection 5w30

Filters choices would be
Wix, wix xp or napa equivalent
Fram tg or xg
Even the ECOGARD S4006 or microgard MSL51042

Back