2002 Chrysler Pacifica 3500 V6 - 5w20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Chrysler include the 2002 Pacifica 3500 V6 in the engines speced for 5w20 motor oil?

Chrysler did not back-spec any car. They just started using it going forward. So my 04 Neon is recommended for 5W-30 and the 05 is 5W-20. So just go by the book.

Chrysler still specs 10w30 for the 3.5, even though they have gone to 5w20 in several of their engines.

Nevertheless, I've been using 5w20 in my 99 300M with the 3.5 HO for almost 3 years now with great results. Check out my UOAs posted in the oil analysis forum.

Thanks for the fast reply. I will go with 5w20 on the next change. Thanks!

Quote:

I went with a 50/50 mixture and got exactly zero increase in mpg (01 Nissan Sentra). On the average the increase in milage is .4% nationwide. I don't think its worth it. Not saying you shouldn't try it, but I would do a UOA and expect not to expect any benefits.
frown.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I went with a 50/50 mixture and got exactly zero increase in mpg (01 Nissan Sentra). On the average the increase in milage is .4% nationwide. I don't think its worth it.
hide.gif
Not saying you shouldn't try it, but I would do a UOA and expect not to expect any benefits.
frown.gif

2002 Pacifica huh... must be rare... (first year was 2004)

The dealer put 5w20 into my father's 04 Pacifica and it was actually smoother.

Quote:

2002 Pacifica huh... must be rare... (first year was 2004)

The dealer put 5w20 into my father's 04 Pacifica and it was actually smoother.

Actually my daughter tells me it is a 2003 not a 2002.

It the Pacifica the don't call it a station wagon, it's an SUV vehicle? When I was a kid that car would have been called a station wagon, but I guess to sell it they have to never mention the station wagon name.

Oh, trust me, when I drove it around LSU for 2 months, everyone was like, wow, you drive a station wagon? Then they got in and took a drive with me and I made sure they knew it wasn't an ordinary station wagon. I made it fun to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back