2001 Honda CRV oil leak dye test

I have a 2001 Honda CR-V, 212000 miles. I replaced oil pan gasket due to leak, but it seems to be leaking elsewhere. Maybe rear main.. Hard to tell.
FIL had vehicle for ever, lots of oil underneath. Cleaned it the best I can...
So, I want to do a dye kit, do you have any recommendations.

I had a 99 Accord 4cyl 2.3 liter with a leaking rear main seal that occurred around 75k miles when it was super minor. For yours I would clean it up and try some Valvoline Maxlife 5w30 syn blend red bottle and monitor.

I have a 2001 Honda CR-V, 212000 miles. I replaced oil pan gasket due to leak, but it seems to be leaking elsewhere. Maybe rear main.. Hard to tell.
FIL had vehicle for ever, lots of oil underneath. Cleaned it the best I can...
So, I want to do a dye kit, do you have any recommendations.
The GM dye is one of the best.

Nothing special but it works okay.

The GM dye is one of the best.

Nothing special but it works okay.

Do I have to use the light and goggles associate with the GM product on amazon?

Its not the rear main. Transmission access cover to flexplate was taken off today, by me. Clean and dry in there.
So, while waiting for dye to show up I started looking at all possible points, high to low. Valve cover was dry, camshaft cover (little plastic one with O ring ) was dry, PCV valve was good. But, distributor was leaking. Wasnt easy to see from front. But, backside showed it was bad. I just replaced it. I fell off when I took it out..
I do have another car I can use dye on if it stops leaking , my 93 Vette. Pretty sure that it is the Optispark seal going into timing chain. But, I digress.
I will update after driving it tomorrow. Thnx everyone.

Back