2001 Acura Integra

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I'm looking at a used 01 (also a 99') for my daughter and I was wondering if the A/T is one of the trouble-prone Honda units. Does anybody know which A/T is used in this model? Thanks

No, they're not trouble prone. Just change the ATF every 30k or 2 years and you're good to go. Very easy to work on, you just pull the plug behind the passenger side front wheel and drain out ~2.5 quarts and refill through the dipstick tube.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
I have a 1998 CRV w/150k on the original autotrans. Same engine and maybe trans as Integ.

Not quite the same, but very similar.
thumbsup2.gif
The engine has a different bore and I'm not sure if the transmission is the same or not. I'm assuming it's not, since it has AWD (or am I mistaken?)

Originally Posted By: pbm
I'm looking at a used 01 (also a 99') for my daughter and I was wondering if the A/T is one of the trouble-prone Honda units. Does anybody know which A/T is used in this model? Thanks

AFAIK the only troublesome Honda ATs are the 5-speed autos from a few years ago. That Integra should have a 4-speed, which is fine.

AFAIK the only troublesome Honda ATs are the 5-speed autos from a few years ago. That Integra should have a 4-speed, which is fine. [/quote]

I have an 01' Accord 4 cylinder w/ 4 speed BAXA A/T and it is one of Hondas failure-prone units. They extended the warranty to 91 months and 109K (because of a class action suit, I think). Certain year Civics and Odysseys also had trouble-prone A/T's.
The problems with Honda A/T's are more wide spread than people realize.

Originally Posted By: pbm

Integra's AT is very durable. I have 220k on mine and it is still going strong.

01 is still 4 speed.

I went to look at the 01' and I wasn't impressed with the way it was maintained. I'll pass on it even though the price was good. I'll look at the 99' when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back