2000 jeep wrangler , accidentally filled with rapid tap(cutting oil)

so as the title suggests my wife had apparently been using cutting oil in her jeep. granted i am not suprised as this isnt the first time shes been using non-oil products. nevertheless should i just engine flush with (insert popular flush here) or what.

after i found out i immediately pulled it into the garage and changed oil (amalie/xcel 30w and a fram i grabbed out of my to old to use but to new to put on the antique shelf). one thing i noted that is the characteristic valve train noise that 4.0's have was gone.
51Ngq2otboL._SX342_.jpg

I'd find out what else she has poured in there besides that. Might be time to trade.
she loves the thing and it has close to 500k on it. odometer stopped working several years ago lol

couple years ago , one summer she was using 85w140 to top up with. another time she was only topping up the oil with lucas oil additive as some counter monkey convinced her to buy 2 gallons of the crap.

to be fair i should be taking better care of her jeep but then i get heck when it breaks lol

Last edited:
What's the point of worrying now ? You can't undo anything now... Put proper oil in it and run it ! I'd find and hide or get rid of any other fluids that are in reach of her to keep it from happening again.

A gallon of cutting fluid in a month!

And we have a bunch of people on here that would get torqued if they saw 50ppm of iron or 25ppm of silicon in their UOA :ROFLMAO:
yeah.... she checks oil when it sounds like it needs some lol.
wont take any help either so what can ya do

Back