2000 Honda Accord 5 speed.

I recently made a forum post about the 6th gen accord I was getting the chance to buy and finally got to bring it home today. I learned a little more about it as it’s at 143k miles, single owner with the original title from may of 2000 and an interior in immaculate shape. Timing belt has been done twice in its lifespan with the service records coming my way tomorrow. Here are the pics I’ve taken so far with more available on request.

Paid 1000 dollars

My one question left is for those who have had a clutch done about how much did it cost?
The clutch is still good it’s just the original and I want to know what to expect.
65310E49-A2A9-4759-BF21-521ABEB152AC.jpeg
4473C770-36BC-487D-8653-F3BB5B38DE40.jpeg
C0B5417F-CEAC-42D6-8B3D-C6459C473EA8.jpeg

the previous owner is someone who is not mechanically inclined but has a very no bs follow maintenance schedule 5k oil changes kind of guy. The steering is tight, has working ac and good tires. The only thing I’ve found is one of the windows doesn’t work and one of the three keys they has only works on the drivers door and ignition.

the previous owner is someone who is not mechanically inclined but has a very no bs follow maintenance schedule 5k oil changes kind of guy. The steering is tight, has working ac and good tires. The only thing I’ve found is one of the windows doesn’t work and one of the three keys they has only works on the drivers door and ignition.
Last time I did the clutch on the civic, dealer charged about $800 to replace it.. I supplied the parts (exedy stage 1 clutch, feels so much better than stock!). This was about 2 years ago, so balance that with the inflation we're seeing lately.

The reason one of those windows might not work is the wiring in the door jamb. Over the years the wiring gets brittle/cracks. Check that first to see if the wiring is good, most likely a bad ground or power.

I had a 98 and the clutch wasn't too bad to diy. I think mine lasted until 220k miles before slipping. I took mine from 175k to 295k and it required very minimal work.

The slave cylinder is external, which is nice for service ability.

Make sure the subframe isn't rusted out near where the A/C condensate drain drips on it
Also check the cabin filter, it's a ***** and a half to do (remove the glove box) so many people don't bother

It may have keyless entry, try putting it into programming mode, if it responds order up two cheap remotes on Amazon

Seat rails like to crack, but you'd know by now if that's happened
If the SRS light is on, seat belts and buckles have a lifetime warranty from Honda, but prepare to argue with your dealer

Check if the gauge cluster backlighting works, if not, the drivers multiplex control unit has failed
Center stack (clock & climate) bulbs are a PITA to replace, but so satisfying when they work
You may want to preventatively reflow the solder joints on the main relay, if it starts to stall or false start
Ignition switches are also a semi frequent wear item
I used to look after two or three of this generation Accord, most died due to V6 4AT failure, or rust
This car is a far stronger unit than an EX V6 AT
If you find the battery/cranking lacking, I believe you can shoehorn a 24F in there
You could drain and fill the MTF for smoother shifting if you feel inclined

Other than that, you stole it
Enjoy it 👍

Make sure the subframe isn't rusted out near where the A/C condensate drain drips on it
Also check the cabin filter, it's a ***** and a half to do (remove the glove box) so many people don't bother

It may have keyless entry, try putting it into programming mode, if it responds order up two cheap remotes on Amazon

Seat rails like to crack, but you'd know by now if that's happened
If the SRS light is on, seat belts and buckles have a lifetime warranty from Honda, but prepare to argue with your dealer

Check if the gauge cluster backlighting works, if not, the drivers multiplex control unit has failed
Center stack (clock & climate) bulbs are a PITA to replace, but so satisfying when they work
You may want to preventatively reflow the solder joints on the main relay, if it starts to stall or false start
Ignition switches are also a semi frequent wear item
I used to look after two or three of this generation Accord, most died due to V6 4AT failure, or rust
This car is a far stronger unit than an EX V6 AT
If you find the battery/cranking lacking, I believe you can shoehorn a 24F in there
You could drain and fill the MTF for smoother shifting if you feel inclined

Other than that, you stole it
Enjoy it 👍
I’ll need to check on the subframe but the it my other that all I know of is the srs light and it sounds like I can get that free with some coercion if it’s the buckles

Back