2000 Ford Mustang 3.8L: QSUD (4,400 Miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

This is an oil analysis for my 2000 Ford Mustang V6 automatic. I have owned this car since 87,500 miles and I wanted to see where I was at in terms of wear, so I didn't push the limits on the interval too much. On this interval, the car has seen about 35% city driving and 65% highway driving. I drive my baby pretty conservatively, keeping RPM's low and allowing the car to warm up before gassing it harder. I occasionally floor the car (on on-ramps, etc.) for fun, but most of the driving is respectable driving. Overall, I smiled seeing this analysis as it is my first and I thought it looked pretty good =) Also, the car runs great on the QSUD, so I wanted to ensure that it was being protected from wear as well. SOme more information about the interval, etc. can be found in the report.

If you have any questions, I would be more than pleased to answer them. Comments and advice are more than welcome as well!Take care everyone and enjoy!

OilReport1.gif

Originally Posted By: jorton
Is Ultimate Durability green bottle, or synthetic?

The Ultimate Durability is Synthetic, the Advanced Durability is the Green Bottle.

Holy cow, good report.
smile.gif
It looks like the oil didn't shear at all, and the TBN looks great. I agree with those that say 6.5k or even 8k miles should be easy.

Originally Posted By: flatlandtacoma
Holy cow, good report.
smile.gif
It looks like the oil didn't shear at all, and the TBN looks great. I agree with those that say 6.5k or even 8k miles should be easy.

Thanks!!
grin.gif
I am going to extend it to 6.5K which is what everyone is recommending!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back