2000 Chevy Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm new to the site, and am going to be changing the fluids in my daily driver pretty soon and would like to hear some suggestions.

It's a 2000 Chevy Metro(1.3l 4 banger), automatic trans, has 112,000 miles. I drive it about 3 hours a day, about half of that time is sticking right around 55mph, the rest can be somewhat stop and go. I do sometimes drive it hard on long windy roads. I don't do short trips very often(if I'm driving anywhere, it's usually for half-hour or more per trip).

It's currently leaking ATF, I think from a halfshaft seal.
I'm going to replace the leaking seal and do a trans filter/fluid change at the same time. I've tried a few types(since the thing leaks a quart a week), and the Valvoline synthetic ATF seemed to feel the smoothest. Should I just go with that?

Thanks!
Dave

I think in this case it matters more just to keep everything changed more than a specific brand, just keep it clean and maintained and hope for the best.

Any 5W-30 should do you well. Whether you decide to run synthetic and go 7k+ mile OCIs, or conventional.....

Note: Not sure if you are aware, but apparantly there is a Technical Service Bulletin, your AT specs Dexron VI....not Dexron II....

That being said, if the Valvoline seems to working fine, stay with it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ahoier
Any 5W-30 should do you well. Whether you decide to run synthetic and go 7k+ mile OCIs, or conventional.....

Note: Not sure if you are aware, but apparantly there is a Technical Service Bulletin, your AT specs Dexron VI....not Dexron II....

That being said, if the Valvoline seems to working fine, stay with it
smile.gif

Gm back speced dex 6 to what seems like every gm auto transmission built sense the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back