2000 Audi TT oilpan photo

We dropped the oilpan of my 2000 TT more or less out of curiosity and perhaps just in case. I had no idea if these engines were of sludge building type so a little work for peace of mind.

Previous owner has fed Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 and I have used Mobil 1 0w40.

No sludge, just a little of material in upper right corner (on photo) which came off easily. Oil pickup tube was open and clean and bottom end seemed very clean.

Filled with last Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 I had in stock. Next change will be with Mobil 1 0W40 again.

NpNDGmM.jpg

BuJz51T.jpg

At what intervals do you change at ? looks good from what i can see, i would continue with mobil as well.

We dropped the oilpan of my 2000 TT more or less out of curiosity and perhaps just in case. I had no idea if these engines were of sludge building type so a little work for peace of mind.

Previous owner has fed Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 and I have used Mobil 1 0w40.

No sludge, just a little of material in upper right corner (on photo) which came off easily. Oil pickup tube was open and clean and bottom end seemed very clean.

Filled with last Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 I had in stock. Next change will be with Mobil 1 0W40 again.

NpNDGmM.jpg

BuJz51T.jpg
personally I would use delvac 1 to clean up the deposits

At what intervals do you change at ? looks good from what i can see, i would continue with mobil as well.
If this was used as daily driver I would do 10000 km OCIs. But it is just a hobby car. As it turns out with summer/winter changes and all that I don't think I run much over 5000 km with oil.

It seems that as there is typically some other servicing going on we find ourselves in a 'let's change the oil too, while we are at it' sort of situation.

You could send away the oil for testing after 5000k and see where you stand .
I'm sure mobil can handle once a year or 10000 kilometers without any problems in your audi.

Back