2000 Altima Intake Manifold Gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neice has a 00 Altima 2.4L with an irratic idle. Come to find out, it's a leaky IM Gasket. My BIL took my neices' car to a garage that he trust and they checked it out and this is what they came up with. When he[BIL] asked for a price to fix the IM gasket, the garage came up with a price of $1000.00. My BIL asked "why so much"? And the garage said that the job is all labor intensive and that they have to jack up the engine in order to get to the rear bolts. The garage also mentioned that the "BOOK" calls for 4.5 hours but they said that it takes much longer. I told BIL to get other prices and that I don't really want the job as Im loosing too much strength in my hands and arms.

Any opinions or advice on this subject would be appreciated. Those who have done this job on this vehicle please chime in.

Thanks
CB

I have not done a gasket on one of those but sometimes the labor book is way wrong. Plus it's a guide only.

Such as the Labor to replace the AC blower motor on a 98 Deville is 1.2 hrs. It's 1.2 hrs AFTER you remove the engine and trans so that you can acess the motor!

Originally Posted By: duaneb9729
Would you be able to guide or oversee your brother in law, if he were to do that job himself?

Oh Yeah! I just don't think that he wants to do the job!
As the matter of fact, I know that he doesn't want to do
the job, he never does. Although, he is a great side kick...
When I get mad, I just kick him.

If I do the job, he'll be right there handing me tools
as if I were in surgury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back