20+ year pressure washing contractor...ask me anything

What type of bleach do you use? I noticed the percent of sodium hypochlorite concentration varies.
I buy 12.5% by the drum from chem supplier. Household is 8% I believe? It works, just not as cost effective.

I buy 12.5% by the drum from chem supplier. Household is 8% I believe? It works, just not as cost effective.
Many pool stores or outlets sell pool shock most of it is 12.5%
881A31E7-556E-4F2E-8E6C-27BEA8C7861B.jpeg

Every pump I use calls for 30w ND. Ive always used Supertech or house brand. I still have 17 and 19 year old pumps in my fleet with no work on done on the oil side.
What are the majority of the pumps you have name brand.

What are the majority of the pumps you have name brand.
Ive only owned General and AR. I know Cat pumps have alot of fanboys, but I honestly dont know a single contractor that runs Cats. I dont think theyre worth the extra money. Pound for pound, ypu cant beat a General. Comets are decent, from what I hear. They are priced a little more economical for a commercial pump. Udors are very nice too.

If you were to purchase a unit for significant, but non professional use, such as a large home, what would you purchase or spec out? I purchased a Honda 390 powered, Cat pump equipped unit from Northern tool. It's been quite good over the last 10 years.

Great thread. Any suggestions for north-facing shingles that start to get green/black streaks? I buy my 12.5% bleach at Menards if you have one of those nearby. I get 100-150 gallons a year and if you order online they’ll palletize it and load it right in your truck/trailer.

Yellowing? Im not sure what youre referring to exactly. Do you have a picture? If its the beginnings of rust, I use oxalic acid.
The walkway seems to have aged toward yellow - the rocks in the yard are much lighter.

IMG_3126.jpeg

I had dirt and grime on a painted deck. I used the 90 Second hose end sprayer. Did nothing. Then sprayed soap and then only water from electric pressure washer and cleaned it fine.

Back