20 micron range for delco/supertech??

Ok! Seems I kinda he rd make a semi interesting debate and chat here!cool!
Purolator red wins. I remember before 1996,I was 21 then. Purreone had just come out.99%@20um. The only other filter I know about,prior too that,pre 1996,as good in efgiciency,was a.c. Delco ultraguard was it?then it was discontinued. It came back few years ago,black n gold filter,but read it's not same as good filtration.

Their was gram extraguarfs,95%@20um...I've used a few.interesting,but,their junk.I've used an a few times.one time,2002 or so,did an oil change 95 neon. Oil pressure light came on in about 40 miles driving.switched it out, with either, a tough guard,or mopar filter.Oil pressure light went off.I've used an a few times,but am open,4,000 miles of use. Spaced p!water wear metal crimp is, lack of media.cardboard encaps. Not impressed.

Well, gunn a have 4,000 miles soon,in about 550 miles left.last oil change, decem ber.terrible leaking oil pan gasket. Shop out new on,as I had virtually no oil left in it..it shot out from sides of pan,in snowstorm. 3-4 miles drive . Some cheap shop filter they on.$2.00 deal looking filter.mighty or something,white filter. Got almost 4000 miles on now since. So..my filters I'm debating...supertech,delco,or red purolator. Got some Pennzoil ultra 10w30 .

Well, gunn a have 4,000 miles soon,in about 550 miles left.last oil change, decem ber.terrible leaking oil pan gasket. Shop out new on,as I had virtually no oil left in it..it shot out from sides of pan,in snowstorm. 3-4 miles drive . Some cheap shop filter they on.$2.00 deal looking filter.mighty or something,white filter. Got almost 4000 miles on now since. So..my filters I'm debating...supertech,delco,or red purolator. Got some Pennzoil ultra 10w30 .
It won't matter if the air cleaner is sealed and the intake plumbing isn't leaking.

Hi all! I'm pondering. I know,a.c. Delco oil filters,are 98% @ 30 um. Supertech, 99%@30um. What would be the 20 microns range for them? I read for delco,it was 94%@20um. And..percolator red can. 96.5%@20 um. The 3 1/2 %...is 30um? Completely unfiltered?
Hi Ziggy! From the test I ran, AC Delco Ultraguard Gold was 99.27% @ 30um, 98.85% @ 25um, and 96.49% @ 20um.

^^^ The subject being discussed is filter efficiency, so just pointing out the ISO testing details. No need to get triggered, which seems to be a common BITOG theme going on these days - breath and relax. ;)
Hey Z, off topic and I apologize, but are Royal Purple and AMSOIL filters made by the same manufacturer? Or have you seen any evidence of this?

Back