2 Guys Garage ( 10-30 04-08 F150 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im sitting here surfing the WWW and watching 2 guys garage on Speed. They do a brake job on an F150 the proceed to an oil change. When the fill comes they fill with 10-30 Mystick in a 04-08 Ford F150. They mention this is what Ford Soecs

Last edited:
Same bozos who also recommended slick 50 and some other additive which I can't remember for transmissions.

They are talking heads who talk up products since they are sponsors.

I use 5-30 in mine. I was just suprised to see them use a different product then whats in the manual. These engines spec 5-30 in Aus so the 30 didn't really matter but the 10 sure grabbed my attention.

I agree their shows are lame with all of the product endorsements. Their are so many better products then the garbage they endorse

Last edited:
All those shows like that are purely commercial.They exist only to sell the sponsors products.Last Chance Garage,Shadetree Mechanic,Automotive Specialty Magazine (remember that one?),4x4,Hot Rod TV,Trucks!,2 Guys Garage,Overhaulin,Pimp My Ride.......all promotional material.About the only automotive show I can think that didnt totally revolve around pushing a sponsor's product was American Hot Rod,and that was more soap opera than anything else.

I think these same dorks did a gearing change on that F150 and it was the most appalling excuse for a demonstration that I've ever seen. Patently wrong on many levels.

for an amateur mechanic who's just starting out, shows like this while pushing sponsers products, do show how things can get done, as well as sometimes an easier way to do it.

so there's a plus for them... but pushing products isn't anything new.. but pushing products that aren't meant for any reason is another. Like a smiling honest face pushing lucas oil stabilizer..

British shows such as Wheeler Dealers are way better then anything on Spike or Speed.

I seem to recall that the older shorter guy WAS an actual
ASE mechanic? I'm I correct. Pretty shocking that he would endorse some of the boneheaded things done on the show. I wonder if he lost his certification because of this?

2 guys used to be a decent show several years ago, but then is turned into an infomercial
frown.gif

When it had the 2 old guys on there it was OKAY, but it was still a show touting shotty products.

All of these shows have host that are stuck in the 80's. I have also never heard such cheesy time wasting jokes in my life

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
So im sitting here surfing the WWW and watching 2 guys garage on Speed. They do a brake job on an F150 the proceed to an oil change. When the fill comes they fill with 10-30 Mystick in a 04-08 Ford F150. They mention this is what Ford Soecs

Ford spec'd 5W20 for the F150 in those years not 5W30 or 10W30 so they are full of it.

They aren't as bad as the guys on Truck U who pimp everything including that god awful ZMAX crud.

yes that was it Shade Tree. Was a pretty good show

That guy on Truck U reminds me of a 1980's surfer. He's the one with the Lame jokes.

Last edited:
Truck U is the worst of them all. They give a lot of bad info. They claim you can't mix synthetic and dyno oil among other bad info.

Originally Posted By: BGK
Hey that ZMax crud is promoted by Carroll Shelby too; we all know how honest a guy he his!

It's a shame because he modified cars to become great along time ago, sad.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back