2 degrees of separation - which BITOGer met my ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need something like a secret squirrel handshake ..but something to display that wouldn't outright say BITOG ..

..just as long as no crazed Scotsman runs up and whacks us with a dipstick.

We do need a sign of some sort. You know that guy in the oil aisle in walmart last time you were there? It might have been me. However, starting conversations while standing in the oil aisle with a stranger is like starting a conversation with the guy you're standing next to in the public restroom - you just don't do it. We need some sign - a tug of the right earlobe or something - that will set us apart.

Like what? wave your foot under the bathroom stall divider? Flash "the shocker" and wait for a response? Wave both middle fingers at what ever brand is "hated on" for the moment?

I think it would be self-evident; a bitog-er would be the guy with excessive amounts of whatever oil is on sale at walmart in his cart. Another way is the guy reading the back of the oil bottle or has the cap open smelling its "bouquet."

Maybe a secret BITOG anthem. When you're scanning prices in the oil aisle at Wally's ...you whistle the first part of The Good, Bad, and the Ugly spag western theme music. If someone either joins in or does the next bar or two (visions of Kelly's Heroes where the music escalated as Sutherland and Savalis joined Eastwood in the street
grin2.gif
) ..then you know you've got a fellow BITOG member there.

grin2.gif

Maybe you take your keys out of your pocket and give them a rattle... If you see somebody rattle their keys you take yours out and rattle them. The first person (the guy who started the rattling) would ask the second, "You look familiar, is your name Bob?" If the person looks confused, you know it's not a bitoger. The correct response from person 2 would be, "No, but he's a friend of mine." This would be the correct response even if your name is, in fact, Bob.

Then you can introduce yourself and start a fight about whether M1 or PP is the best.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
boss ?

Was talking to my ex boss (retired, and now busier than ever), and mentioned BITOG.

His eyes lit up and said "It's YOU ???"

Apparently he was in the States at an industry seminar (Toshiba), and was talking to someone who mentioned BITOG, and a member who works at _________ Power Station.

Fess up guys, who was it ?

As if I'd ever admit I posted on this site to anyone outside of cyberspace.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
I'm boss to nobody.

You could get a dog. They like being bossed around.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
We need some sign - a tug of the right earlobe or something - that will set us apart.

Just always wear your Auto-RX cologne.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
We need something like a secret squirrel handshake ..but something to display that wouldn't outright say BITOG ..

Drive around with your hood open on the safety catch, so you know, if you have to, you can check your oil during a long traffic light. Strangers can check your dipstick in parking lots and envy the wierd green color. If you see a cool car in traffic, pop your hood (if it isn't already) then he'll pop his... and you'll know, it's all good. BITOG pedestrians can reset the hood to the fully closed position. The act of changing its position will be the acknowledgment.

It's like those kids with the pants about to fall off... we know they have some secret superhero costume, and milliseconds count!

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX

As if I'd ever admit I posted on this site to anyone outside of cyberspace.
LOL.gif

+1

I've never met anyone, in any capacity, at no time, in anyplace, ever, at all, who might, possibly, even consider, in the slightest, anyone, who possibly could ever, mention, at all, in reference to, knowing, any person at BitOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back