2 Americans freed from n korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the news of director Clapper help to release two Americans in N. Korea. Its always a great day when we get our people out of there. Finally, some news that has a positive outcome.

Yes it is good that they were released, but they both CHOSE
of their own free will to go to North Korea, AND
KNOWINGLY violated the laws of the nation.

Leaving Bibles around, and ripping up your travel visa is plain stupid in North Korea. Both prisoners KNEW it.

Bottom line, if you are a willing guest in a country you behave
according to their laws and customs and if you don't you will suffer the consequences.

Glad they were released. But like you say going there is fraught with peril.

When I lived in San Diego for 2.5 years I thought about, and was encouraged to travel to Mexico. But after being put through the meat grinder with our legal system in the USA, I said no thanks.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
As an American ....

What the [censored] business you have going to North Korea ????

Our Constitution allows for the right of free passage and
unhindered travel, so they had the right to go there,
what happens after they arrive are consequences that fall
squarely on the individuals shoulders, and it is NOT the responsibility of the US Gov't to get them released from
prison if they violated the laws of another nation.

Our Constitution also allows us to travel to Syria, Iraq, Iran, Mexico, Somalia, .... etc...

Why go there if you can avoid trouble ?

I would not travel to any communist country. I have been to Mexico, but due to the drug cartels spread and crime in general , i don't think i will ever go back.

Our Constitution also allows us to travel to Syria, Iraq, Iran, Mexico, Somalia, .... etc...

Agreed.

But what I am focusing on is the arrogance of these people that
go to a sovereign nation and blatantly violate their laws and then
have the gall to complain about their punishment at the hands of the authorities there. I personally would have not done a thing to get them back if I was the US gov't.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Our Constitution allows for the right of free passage and
unhindered travel, so they had the right to go there [...]

IT MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT!

We have the "right of free ingress into other States, and egress from them." The US Constitution is silent on international travel. The US Constitution does not apply to travel to or in North Korea, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Mexico or Somalia. It does not give you the permission to free and unhindered world travel, hence the passport requirements and international travel restrictions and bans. The courts have ruled several times that the language defining freedom of movement is to prevent US states from limiting movement of citizens from state to state.

On the few issues where the topics have collided, the Supreme Court has said you have the right to be issued a US passport, not permission to go to a country.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Yes it is good that they were released, but they both CHOSE
of their own free will to go to North Korea, AND
KNOWINGLY violated the laws of the nation.

Leaving Bibles around, and ripping up your travel visa is plain stupid in North Korea. Both prisoners KNEW it.

Bottom line, if you are a willing guest in a country you behave
according to their laws and customs and if you don't you will suffer the consequences.

Hahahaha! You got your agenda talking points for the week?

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Hahahaha! You got your agenda talking points for the week?

If my talking points included the above which is common sense, then you would be correct.
wink.gif

The Constitution allows US citizens
to freely exit the US, unhindered.

Like others have said don't go where to foreign nations where you are not wanted. When you do go to another sovereign nation you MUST follow their laws and customs or you risk being detained there. Our gov't should not be responsible for US citizens that blatantly refuse to follow the laws of another nation.

Last edited:
Your talking points are always United States bad United States bad United States bad. United States government bad. It got old about 2 minutes after you started posting on this road. Collect your rubles and continue your Putin backed propaganda spread.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Your talking points are always United States bad United States bad United States bad. United States government bad. It got old about 2 minutes after you started posting on this road. Collect your rubles and continue your Putin backed propaganda spread.

How is what I am saying put the US in bad light when our Constitution allows us to exit the country unhindered?

Also as far as those idiots are concerned that blatantly ignored the laws of another nation, the US gov't went above and beyond to get their sorry butts out of N.K.
I don't think they should have but that is service as far as I am concerned. Of course I think those idiots should be made to pay for all costs that accumulated in the US gov't effort to get them released.

Putin and the Russian Gov't pay me NOTHING.

The bottom line is that logically, Russia does what is best for Russia. I applaud that common sense. For example, you don't see Putin allowing potential ebola infected patients back into their country. That my friend is just good common sense. While the US is allowing people in from the hot spot areas with little or no checks. That is STUPID, also criminal and dangerous!

Last edited:
Sure comrade keep trying to convince yourself that you support the Constitution while supporting Russian propaganda while you contradict yourself on American policy and economy. Now I am off to respond to ISIS members friends requests on facebook(no joke).

As an American ....

What the [censored] business you have going to North Korea ????

...for anyone in the Free World?!
True Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back