2,500 mile road trip, which oil and why? (Pictures)

The quaker state is at least 15 years old, I think the Mobil1 AFE might be even older than that.
This would be a very interesting place for some used oil analyst so many people seem to think after an oil is over three years old it doesn't work anymore. My feeling it will last longer than most of the people using it!

I think any of those will work. I left Iowa for Florida on November 11th with the existing fill of Citgo FS 5w30 in the sump. Currently have about 7,500 miles on the oil and will change it when I get back home. I usually get 8-9k on an OCI in the T&C.

Just my $0.02

You have to use oil that meet or exceed Florida specification, LL-Florida for your 2.5k miles trip. Their add pack is required at the beach.

Last edited:
Any of them. Why? Because you engine will not know the difference.
Yea-this is the answer for 95% of the questions on here-

1) Which oil should I use?
2) Help me pick an oil?
3) Which synthetic is best?

Then of course you have guys whose "bottom of the seat tests" who claim THEY CAN FEEL the difference between different types/brands of oil. Yea sure....I have some lakefront property for sale in Barstow.....

Last edited:
How old is that stuff? I haven't seen a clear bottle Quaker State product since the Clinton administration.

I think the clear bottles made it to The Obama Admin, and not far from Trump's. I recall buying a lot of 'em at Ollie's Outlet in 2011. They had tons of the 0W-20 and 5W-40 in translucent bottles, the latter had come from Ferrari dealerships that switched to PP around then.

You might be thinking about the "4X4" oil, that would def be 90's or early 2000's...

Back