2.4 tiger shark oil leak at head gasket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So kind of a weird situation I'd say. I have an oil leak on the 14 dart. I notice oil seepage build up on the driver side of the engine at the head gasket right near where the water outlet bolts to the engine. Then on the back of the engine at the corner on the passenger side the timing cover bolt is wet and so is the side of the block. It appears it's coming out of the head gasket area and slowly leaking down from there onto the timing cover area where it meets the blocks. I've noticed some oil consumption. The valve cover does appear to be seeping as well I replaced it at 31,000 but now at 70,000 here we are and one of the bolts in the center of the valve cover that has a grommet on it is full of oil. But the engine is clean from the valve cover until the oil leak below so I don't think it's coming from the valve cover itself. Anyone seen or heard of this issue? Thanks everyone!

Are you sure? I googled 2014 Dart warranty. Page 10.
[Linked Image]

You might see if FCA will do some goodwill repair work on it. They had a lot of issues with these cars and might be willing to deal with the repair to save a customer a headache.

Edit: Well that's strange. According to mopar.com, the warranty for the 2014 Dart was 5 years/100k miles which, if true, would make getting goodwill work done even more likely. Not that I'm saying you're wrong, you know your car better than I do, but it's at least something to look into and maybe take with you to the dealership, if that's the route you decide to go.

Last edited:
I contacted them the warranty was over last October so they said I'm on my own.

I agree with others that this is an issue you should bring to the most reputable Chrysler service center your area. . In the past Chrysler as a car maker has been better about goodwill and later product life warranty repairs then some others makers. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back