2.4 G.D.I. ( G4KJ (?) ) : Pictures of carbon deposits ...

Maybe the gas used is impacting things?

Hyundai/Kia recommends top tier or OEM gas treatment, which is Techron.

This is an example of how variable IVD are car to car. There's no way to predict the levels and even if you have them, how much (if at all) they'll impact drivability.

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if the vehicle owner regularly performed intake valve cleanings with spray cleaners. Go on to the Hyundai or Kia forums and a lot of members preach intake valve cleanings like they are gospel there. The vast majority of them have no clue what they’re talking about. All it takes is a bit of fluid or a chunk of carbon to hit a valve and you can have engine damage. I suspect that’s the case here.

Also, YouTube is littered with video’s regarding intake valve cleanings on Hyundai and Kia products. A good majority of them are spraying down the wrong vacuum hoses. Same thing with oil catch cans. About 50% of them set it up backwards.

even with modern machinery engines vary as do driving habits + where we live + drive, not to mention oil choices. girlfriends 2.4 NA preowned optima gets 10-30 QSUD every 6 months,+ an OE filter mileage is 5 thou plus or minus, runs great so far + it seems non boosted engines do better with less deposits. DI has been around a while + SHOULD be better than before, BUT theres a reason some use both injections + VAG volkswagen auto group uses both overseas but NOT in USA + they are still reporting carbon issues!!

Back