2.0 maverick EB oil choice

The maverick sees probably 90% highway and driven in eco-mode. Trying to decide whether to use the motorcraft bulk oil 5W 30 and filter for free and 5K intervals. or go full synthetic at Walmart with a Fram filter at 7500 mile intervals.
Money is not a concern just trying to see semi synthetic for five or full synthetic for 7500z

5K Changes with a minimum of SP rated oil.

For me, it isn't if the oil can handle the OCI, it is keeping the soot loading of the oil down to prevent timing chain wear, and keeping the oil on the newer side to hopefully cut down on intake valve deposits. This is what I'm doing on my 2.3EB and what I've advised my mom to do on her 2.0EB Maverick.

Ford seems satisfied with its semi-syntheic oil, but they want 5w30 and not 5w20 like they do on some of their other engines. I would go for their free semi-synthetic.

47AE0640-607E-4895-987C-98BFD3B6902F.png

Ford seems satisfied with its semi-syntheic oil, but they want 5w30 and not 5w20 like they do on some of their other engines. I would go for their free semi-synthetic.

View attachment 129501
Yep, and that is for their 'recommended' change, which is normally in the 10k region. I've figured that if I stick with an SP or better (Which also usually meets that fairly easy WSS-M2C961-A1 spec) at a 5k change then I'll be good.

Do you know if the bulk Motorcraft oil the dealership is using is XO-5W30-DFS vs XO-5W30-DSP? The first is full synthetic and the second is blend. Just ask them what the drum part number is. They may only be using full synthetic as default, as it's cheaper to keep less inventory in the long run and loose a bit of money on a few people not paying for the full synthetic.

Back